AnswerLady Dos and Don'ts
AnswerLady offers one of the most complete public records search services available for nearly all U.S. adults. AnswerLady provides information to help you contact people, update outdated address books, reconnect, verify people you meet, reduce your risk to scams and fraud, safeguard yourself and your family, discover events and people you’ve forgotten about, and more.
DO use AnswerLady to find information about:
- Yourself – Look up your own records to see your online reputation, as well as find out what others can look up about you.
- Family – Search for a long-lost relative or look up known relatives in order to research your family tree.
- Friends – Track down old friends, learn more about new friends, or even check on your current social circles.
- Parents of Your Kids' Friends – Find records of traffic violations by drivers with whom your kids carpool, or criminal records of other adults in the households where they spend time.
- Dating and Relationships – Look up people you meet online before your first in-person date.
- Neighbors – Find information about neighbors who recently moved in, or other people in your neighborhood.
- Buyers and Sellers – Learn more before buying, selling, or meeting someone from Craigslist or other online marketplaces.
- Unknown Numbers – Identify who is calling you by looking up the phone number.
AnswerLady is not a consumer reporting agency. This means that you must not use AnswerLady for any purpose that is covered by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). More information about the FCRA can be found here.
DON'T use AnswerLady to conduct:
- Employment Screening – You cannot screen someone in order to hire, promote, terminate, demote, or reassign them.
- Household Worker Screening – You cannot screen someone to hire them as a maid, gardener, nanny, or any other type of domestic employee.
- Professional Service Provider Screening – You cannot screen someone in order to hire them as a doctor, tutor, personal trainer, coach, or any other professional service provider.
- Tenant Screening – You cannot screen someone in order to sell or lease space to them or to terminate their lease.
- Credit or Insurance Eligibility Screening – You cannot screen someone in order to verify if they are eligible for a loan, credit extension, or insurance.
- Education or Scholarship Qualification Screening – You cannot screen someone in order to determine if they are eligible for financial aid, an educational program, scholarship, or grant.
AnswerLady is dedicated to helping you find people and learn more about them in a safe and responsible manner. AnswerLady is not a Consumer Reporting Agency (CRA) as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). This site can't be used for employment, credit or tenant screening, or related purpose.